Did you know that your generosity has the potential to be doubled? Many companies match their employees' donations, while some even match their spouses' and/or retirees' donations. Your volunteer hours may also be eligible for a volunteer grant donation!
Check to see if your employer offers a matching gift OR volunteer grant program. This tool provides information about the matching programs for many companies, including how to get started:
Two of our programs heavily rely on the generosity of our in-kind donors. Our Food for Kids program tends to run low on food donations, and our Operation Teddy Bear program is always in need of school supplies.
Help nourish local elementary school children by printing our handy Non-Perishable Food Shopping List to take with you next time you are at the store to pick up items such as:
Click here for tips and tricks on running a successful food drive.
Donate 4,000 identical literacy and educational items appropriate for first graders such as:
If you would like to donate to Food For Kids or Operation Teddy Bear, contact Trisha Smith, Volunteer Services Manager, at email@example.com or (310) 212-5009.
Many of us love how easy Amazon makes shopping for the things we need. Did you know they also make it easy to support a favorite cause just by shopping with them? Use the special AmazonSmile URL every time you shop on Amazon and you will automatically support your selected charitable organization, at no cost to you!
There are a few ways to ensure the Volunteer Center receives a percentage of your purchase on eligible items, whether it's for holiday gifts or everyday needs:
- Select "Volunteer Center South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach" as the beneficiary for your AmazonSmile account, and then navigate to smile.amazon.com whenever you begin shopping on Amazon!
- On your first visit to smile.amazon.com, you will search for and select a charitable organization to support.
- To change your charity, sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser and select "Change your Charity" under "Your Account."
- Navigate to this specific URL each time you shop: smile.amazon.com/ch/95-2301600
- Using the Chrome browser? Add the AmazonSmile 1Button for Chrome to your browser to make it easier to shop and give back!
Questions or problems? Contact Liz Reinhardt, Director of Marketing and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 212-5009.
To donate a car, truck or boat, click here or call (888) 493-9186.
- You get the tax deduction.
- Local towing at no cost to you.
- Fast pickup (within 24 - 48 hours).
- Email and paper receipts.
- Simple online donation form.
- No paperwork for you.
- You help a very worthy cause.
Cars 4 Causes® expertise allows them, when appropriate, to recondition and sell your donated vehicle through one of their proprietary sale locations. If your donated vehicle isn't retail worthy, they sell it through the finest wholesale auction houses or to their clean air buyers to maximize the donated vehicle sale price, meaning a greater tax deduction value for you! We accept all kinds of items:
An endowment donation is a gift that keeps on giving. The principal donation is invested in perpetuity and the investment income provides ongoing annual support for the Volunteer Center and its programs. This type of giving is for those who want to leave an enduring legacy that will be remembered for generations.
Please contact President/CEO Sara Myers at email@example.com or (310) 212-5009 to discuss your wishes and obtain an endowment donation form.
You could make a world of difference and leave a legacy that will be remembered for generations. It's simple!
Just state the follwoing in your will or trust:
- Our full legal name: Volunteer Center South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach
- Our address: 1230 Cravens Ave, Torrance, CA 90501
- Our Tax ID number: 95-230-1600
- The nature of the gift (for example, cash, stock, bonds, or other property)
- Any specific designation you would like, such as ensuring your gift will be preserved in our permanent endowment.
It's even simpler to name the Volunteer Center as the beneficiary of property, such as a bank account, life insurance policy or retirement plan. The bank or other company usually provides a form for you to use. Let us know if you want your legacy to be used for an enduring endowment, capital improvements or programs to support the community. Please contact President/CEO Sara Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 212-5009 for more details.