Your in-kind donations help us serve students in need through our signature programs. Our Food for Kids program provides bags of food to low-income elementary school students each week, and our Operation Teddy Bear program distributes school supplies and our signature lesson in kindness to underserved first grade students each year.
Help nourish local elementary school children by printing our handy Non-Perishable Food Shopping List to take with you next time you are at the store to pick up items such as:
Please no glass jars and no food past the expiration date. Donations can be dropped off in the lobby of our office in Torrance (1230 Cravens Ave.) Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Click here for tips and tricks on running a successful food drive.
Donate 4,200 identical literacy and educational items appropriate for first graders such as:
For more information on donating supplies for Operation Teddy Bear, contact us at email@example.com or (310) 212-5009.
We've made it easy for you to support Food For Kids by creating an Amazon.com Wish List! Skim the list here and consider adding something to your cart. These items will be sent directly to the Volunteer Center, and if you use AmazonSmile during check out, we will also benefit from the total purchase (see details below).
Many of us love how easy Amazon makes shopping for the things we need. Did you know they also make it easy to support a favorite cause just by shopping with them? Use the special AmazonSmile URL every time you shop on Amazon and you will automatically support your selected charitable organization, at no cost to you!
There are a few ways to ensure the Volunteer Center receives a percentage of your purchase on eligible items, whether it's for holiday gifts or everyday needs:
- Select "Volunteer Center South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach" as the beneficiary for your AmazonSmile account, and then navigate to smile.amazon.com whenever you begin shopping on Amazon!
- On your first visit to smile.amazon.com, you will search for and select a charitable organization to support.
- To change your charity, sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser and select "Change your Charity" under "Your Account."
- Navigate to this specific URL each time you shop: smile.amazon.com/ch/95-2301600
- Using the Chrome browser? Add the AmazonSmile 1Button for Chrome to your browser to make it easier to shop and give back!
Do you regularly shop at Ralphs or Food For Less? Did you know that the shopping you're already doing could benefit the Volunteer Center when you select us as your Community Rewards beneficiary?
- Log-in to your Ralphs or Food For Less account
- Click My Account at the top right
- Click Community Rewards at the far left
- If you're not yet enrolled, search for "Volunteer Center South Bay" or our organization code "YJ184."
- You can also update the organization you're supporting by clicking Change Organization and searching that way.
Questions or problems? Contact Liz Reinhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 212-5009.
An endowment donation is a gift that keeps on giving. The principal donation is invested in perpetuity and the investment income provides ongoing annual support for the Volunteer Center and its programs. This type of giving is for those who want to leave an enduring legacy that will be remembered for generations.
Please contact President/CEO Sara Myers at email@example.com or (310) 212-5009 to discuss your wishes and obtain an endowment donation form.
You could make a world of difference and leave a legacy that will be remembered for generations. It's simple!
Just state the follwoing in your will or trust:
- Our full legal name: Volunteer Center South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach
- Our address: 1230 Cravens Ave, Torrance, CA 90501
- Our Tax ID number: 95-2301600
- The nature of the gift (for example, cash, stock, bonds, or other property)
- Any specific designation you would like, such as ensuring your gift will be preserved in our permanent endowment.
It's even simpler to name the Volunteer Center as the beneficiary of property, such as a bank account, life insurance policy or retirement plan. The bank or other company usually provides a form for you to use. Let us know if you want your legacy to be used for an enduring endowment, capital improvements or programs to support the community. Please contact President/CEO Sara Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 212-5009 for more details.