Become an Operation Teddy Bear Sponsor
Corporations and other organizations often look for ways to support the community, and we are proud to offer an opportunity for you to support our Operation Teddy Bear® (OTB) program, a volunteer-powered literacy program that provides schoolbags filled with books and supplies to the area's most underserved first-graders.
The OTB program gives corporate volunteers a hands-on opportunity to help and inspire these children by packing and delivering the schoolbags, as well as interacting with and reading to the students in their classrooms. Your team has the opportunity to work together and build a spirit of camaraderie while creating one of the best days in many of these children's lives!
Each year, we work with local school districts to pick approximately 50 of the most underserved schools in our community. The average school has four first grade classrooms with a total of 120 students. Your sponsorship provides you with an opportunity to create a partnership with a school, the classrooms and your community.
Benefits of Sponsorship
As an Operation Teddy Bear® Sponsor, you will have first choice of which of school you would like to partner with to deliver the schoolbags. Once you pick your school(s) and remain an active annual sponsor, that school will be “yours” as long as it is part of the OTB program.
Sponsorships - starting at $2,500 - include:
- An opportunity for a group of your employees to participate in a team-building packing event, where you are encouraged to wear team t-shirts, bring a team banner and otherwise show your team spirit
- An opportunity for you to deliver the schoolbags, read to the children and teach them about volunteering
- An opportunity to create a relationship with a school for other potential partnerships throughout the year
You will be acknowledged in several ways:
- Your logo will be included on an appreciation card in the schoolbag
- You will receive an official thank you letter from our President/CEO recognizing your tax-deductible donation
- Your team will be acknowledged on our website, in a Facebook post and in our monthly eNewsletter
- Your team members will receive thank you notes from the class
- Your pictures and videos may be added to our website
You can also arrange the following:
- A special check presentation at your business or our board meeting with a Volunteer Center staff or board member
- Inclusion of your logos on donated items, so that the families know of your generosity
For more information, contact Melissa McCormick, Finance and Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 212-5009.