Individuals, corporations and organizations often look for ways to support the community. The Volunteer Center is proud to offer an opportunity for you to support Operation Teddy Bear® (OTB), a volunteer-powered literacy program that provides schoolbags filled with books and educational materials, along with a lesson in kindness and volunteering to the area’s most underserved first grade students.
Each year, we work with local school districts to pick approximately 40 of the most underserved schools in the South Bay, Harbor, Long Beach and Compton areas. The average school has four first grade classrooms with an average of 120 first grade students per school. A sponsorship gives you an opportunity to create a partnership with a school, the first grade classes and your community.
Operation Teddy Bear also gives volunteers a chance to help and inspire the children first-hand by packing and delivering the bags, as well as interacting with the students in the classrooms. Corporations and organizations can work together as a team and build a spirit of camaraderie while creating one of the best days in many of these children’s lives! Click here to read more about Operation Teddy Bear, including who the program benefits.
Benefits of Sponsorship
As an Operation Teddy Bear Sponsor, you have first choice of partner school. Once you pick your school(s) and remain an active annual sponsor, that school will be yours as long as it is part of OTB.
School Sponsorships - starting at $5,000 - cover:
- Schoolbags (produced by local veterans)
- Educational materials related to:
- Reading, Writing and Drawing
- Science and Math
- Health and Well-Being
- Social Development
- Storage for Schoolbags and Educational Materials
- Volunteer Management and Administration
- An opportunity to participate in a packing event*
- An opportunity to deliver the schoolbags, read to the children and teach them about volunteering*
- An opportunity to create a relationship with a school for other potential partnerships throughout the year
*Corporations and organizations are encouraged to wear team t-shirts
You will be acknowledged in several ways:
- You will receive an official thank you letter from our President/CEO recognizing your tax-deductible donation
- You will be acknowledged on our website, in a Facebook post and in our monthly eNewsletter
- You will receive thank you notes from the students
- Your pictures and videos may be added to our website
- You can also arrange a special check presentation with a Volunteer Center staff or board member
For Corporations and Organizations:
- Your logo or name will be included on an appreciation card inside every schoolbag
- Your logo can be include on donated items
...to let the students and families know of your generosity!
If you have questions or would like to become an Operation Teddy Bear sponsor, please contact Trisha Smith, Volunteer Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 212-5009.