Through the Adopt-A-Family Program, we work with our partner agencies to connect families in need with donors from the community. This gives donors the opportunity to "adopt" a family during the holiday season by purchasing gifts for these families.
As a donor, you can choose the agency you would like to work with, as well as specify the size of the family and the number of families you wish to “adopt.” Donors are often given wish lists to help with shopping, and some agencies even allow donors to meet the family if they desire.
How You Can Help
1. Select an agency in your area to partner with - click here to view a list of agencies.
- Please Note: Each agency has different regulations about meeting the families. If you are interested in meeting the family you “adopt,” be sure to select an agency that allows this (noted under "Agency-specific information").
2. Once you select the agency you would like to support, click on Express Interest for that agency's Opportunity Details, and then select the size and number of the families you would like to adopt.
- If you have not yet registered with our online database, you will be prompted to create an account using your name and email address.
3. After you complete this process, the agency will be notified that you are interested in adopting one of their families, and they contact you directly to provide wish list(s), as well as a drop-off time(s) and location(s).
If you have questions or problems completing this process, please contact Trisha Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 212-5009.